Some steps to help you prevent loss from fraud:
- Copy or record front and back of all your identification cards and credit cards (your wallet contents) and put this information in a safe place. This will give you card numbers, and emergency phone numbers for each card in case you lose your wallet.
- Don’t believe all emails about fraud protection!
If your wallet is stolen:
- File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where the theft happened.
- Contact the emergency numbers for each card.
- Contact Equifax 1-866-828-5961 or TransUnion 1-800-663-9980 and they will put an alert on your file.
For a comprehensive list of protection ideas, go to the RCMP website.